Tent Fumigation Boca
Florida Pest Services is one of the largest tent fumigators in the state of Florida. We use a fumigant that has no odors and leaves no residuals. We tent buildings to eliminate drywood termites, bed bugs, and powder post beetles.
Most other pest control companies will tell you that the problem can be solved without performing a tent fumigation on your house. You may even see services that advertise a “NO Tent Solution”. Don’t be fooled as this is not a wise decision or the right choice. Although tent fumigation can be troublesome for the occupants, it is short-term, and by far the most efficient and long lasting way to rid your home of a pest infestation.
Trust the Experts at Florida Pest Services
Tent fumigation will eliminate your termite problems, but it won’t prevent future infestations. The only way to ensure that your home remains pest free is to have the experts here at Florida Pest Services continue to treat and protect your home on a regular basis.
Florida Pest Services, Inc. has tented some of Florida’s largest buildings. From the University of Florida in Gainesville to Miami Dade County, we tent buildings of all sizes from tall office buildings to your modest house.
Fumigation is a very thorough method of removing drywood termites from a structure. Before the service, we will begin with a full inspection of your property to determine the scope of the infestation. If fumigation is recommended, we will schedule a time that works best for you. The whole process takes approximately 3 days and will require you to prep your home before we can begin the tenting process. While your home is securely tented, fumigants will be pumped into the structure which will penetrate all areas termites live. After the fumigation is complete, we will need to remove the tent and air out the home before you can return. Fumigation is a guaranteed service that will keep your home termite free for up to 2 years.
Each year, about 100,000 fumigations are conducted in Florida. Costs for termite control and repair of damage from drywood termites in Boca and South Florida exceeds $300 million annually and are projected to increase! Scientists have shown that fumigation is a reliable and complete method for elimination of infestations of drywood termites and other pests such as wood-destroying beetles and bed bugs. Products like Vikane and Zythor are preferred for fumigation in southern Florida because they leave no residue behind after the tenting process has ended.
It is your responsibility to help prepare your home for the fumigation. Taking the following steps prior to fumigation helps ensure its success, resulting in the elimination of drywood termites from your home. The day before fumigation, water and cut back foliage, shrubbery and landscaping at least 18 inches from the structure to allow room for the tarps.
- On the day of fumigation
- Remove all plants from your home, including those on outdoor patios.
- Evacuate all people and pets from the structure.
- Remove mattresses completely enveloped in plastic, such as baby mattresses with waterproof covers, or remove the covers themselves.
- Remove or double-bag any food, feed, drugs and medicinals in special Nylofume bags your fumigator provides. You do not need to bag or remove items in plastic, glass, or metal bottles, cans of jars with the original manufacturer’s airtight seal intact.
- Seal the Nylofume bags one at a time by twisting the tops, or folding down and sealing with tape, twisty ties, string or rubber bands. DO NOT TIE BAGS IN A KNOT. Your fumigator can provide special instructions on proper bagging procedures for you.
- Double-bag cold and frozen foods and leave them in the refrigerator and freezer to make it easier to stack the bags inside.
- Be sure to remove or double-bag anything that will be ingested (medicine, spices, etc.)
Family Owned & Operated
As one of the top pest control companies in the region, we take pride in our quality of work and customer satisfaction. As a family owned and operated company, our experienced technicians have your needs in mind every time we service your home or business. We’ll perform a detailed inspection of your property both inside and out to fully diagnose the situation at hand to provide the best service possible.
Nobody likes having pest and insect infestations in their house. It’s important to have a monthly visit from a reputable pest control service like Florida Pest Services, to keep your house insect free.
Call us at (561) 361-0133 for a free quote or to have your house setup on a monthly maintenance plan by our professional pest control experts today.